Friday, April 24, 2009

BROOKIES....

This evening I decided to try another dessert recipe. I've been trying not to have any sweets this week. I swear I've gained a few pounds from these fabulous desserts I've been trying out!

Tonight's pick is a recipe from Betty Crocker. Yup you guessed it out the box...lol One box of brownie mix and one bag of cookie dough mix. The recipe is straight forward, real easy to follow, can't screw it up. But I thought I had screwed it up. First I used a smaller size pan. All my other ones were in the dishwasher or in use. Then I didn't press the dough down. So it took a little longer to cook. BUT the family and friends still LOVED it =] therefore I was HAPPY!

BTW...the recipe is on Betty Crockers website, but I found it on Bakerella's blog .

One Betty Crocker Brownie Mix and one Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mix. You can use recipes from scratch too.

Here's what the packages look like.

Follow the directions on the box for making the brownies and pour into a greased 13 X 9 pan.

Make the cookie mix as directed on the pouch and drop by rounded tablespoons into the brownie batter. You'll want to press the dough down lightly. Bake for 35-40 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. When they're done, take them out and let them cool completely. For about an hour.

Then, you can frost them with chocolate frosting or for a yummier version, do what Bakerella did. Whip up some chocolate ganache. (Recipe below) Pour it on top and spread it out evenly.
Now you'll want to let the ganache set up. Once the ganache has set, then cut the brownies and enjoy.

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

Chocolate Ganache
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp butter

In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
Pour over the chocolate morsels.
Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment